Monday, April 4, 2016

Let Go & Let God

It's amazing how you get addicted to something or attached to someone and you really have no idea of how to let go of it/them. It's bad when you think you need it/them in your life, but it's even worse when you let it/them convince you that they're meant to be in your life. And even when youre addicted or attached, just the thought of letting go of something that you think makes you happy, but is really hurting you, is hard as hell, so how can one move on without hurting themselves or others around them? It's simple. Pray.

Pray that God will deliver you from whatever it is that is hindering you. Pray that God will remove all things and people from your life that does not put a smile on your face or amplifies your happiness. If you know deep down that your soul and your spirit is being dragged through the mud because of this addiction or attachment, then that is telling you a lot. Deter from it. Try your hardest, cuz trust it will be hard, but just know that in the long run, it will be the best decision you ever made.

This morning I woke up with this decision: to let go and let God, and really, it's all because of a dream I had. Dreams are your subconscious mind sometimes expressing, manifesting, and showing you that your conscious world may be in great trouble. For the last couple of years, all of my dreams have been dark, misleading, and scary as hell. Sometimes I'm scared to go to sleep, because I don't want to deal with what's in my dreams. And why is that? Because I refuse to face my problems head on in life.

This dream last night, though, scary to say the least, but I think I woke up with a renewed sense of what I had to do and that was letting go of a lot of negative things/people in my life. Things/People that are not making me happy and I know will never make me happy. Definitely not saying people are bad and they're intentions are bad, but some people you REALLY have to love from a distance.

In my dream, there was this woman who was in grave danger and she knew she was in danger, but she just refused to leave the situation that she was in. Call it being stubborn, I don't know, but I was really concerned for her. I couldn't help but ask myself why won't she leave if she knows it's going to kill her? Because she was scared. Scared of what she'd have to face if she left what she thought was comforting her.

I begged and I pleaded for her to come, but she wouldn't. Crazy, it wasn't until the last second of my dream, when the negativity was certainly about to kill her, that she made the conscience decision on her own to come with me to safety. When I grabbed her hand to pull her in my car, I realized that she was me. I felt very relieved when it hit me that I do have the strength to leave, to walk away, or to no longer entertain the comforts that I thought were making me happy. I woke up with my feelings all over the place, damn near tears, because I knew exactly what I had to do, and that was simply to LET GO! I'm gone let God handle my stress/worries from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment