Sunday, April 10, 2016

Dream Homes & Fantasy Rooms

I would definitely look into getting all my dream homes built if I had Bill Gates type of money to splurge with. Don't laugh, but when I was younger, I used to watch this channel on TV of different homes that realtors would display for sale and study floorplans in magazines to see what I would change and wouldn't change about the home. It was like 'a thing' to me. Ugh, you'd think I had no life as a child, lol.  Anyhoo, I digress. I have compiled a list of homes that you may see in the future when I get wealthy.


1 The Golden Girls Home: Anyone who knows me knows that The Golden Girls is my favorite show! I have been watching this show since I was 10 years old. Believe it or not, this show and I have a lot in common. We were produced in the same month and year: September 1985, enough said. In addition to watching this show for 20 years and owning every last season on DVD, it was only a matter of time before I started studying the floorplan of this home. I absolutely love everything about it and wouldn't change a thing; except, I would definitely get a pool built. You know that was one of Sophia Petrillo's major complaints, lol. If I had the funds, I'd get a replica home built right in Miami...and maybe even on Biscayne Blvd!


2 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Chocolate Room: Now this probably won't happen at all, but if it could. I would have a room in one of my more lavish homes (like the one below) as an exact replica of The Chocolate Room from The Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I want everything to be edible and I want the Chocolate River, too! Do I sound like spoiled Veruca Salt right now? This is my favorite movie in the whole wide world, so it wouldn't be right if I didn't have something dedicated to it!


3 Medieval Castle fit for a Modern Queen: In high school, I became fixated with medieval times and the fact that these people had actual Queens and Kings. I think it was the entire reason I passed that class, because I loved to learn about it (and Greek Mythology) so much. Ever since then, I've always said I was going to have a castle built somewhere in California that had the essence of being medieval, but of course, it has to have updated modern-day appliances and technology, because I couldn't survive!! I need the moats, the knights-in-shining armor, the big dinners, and everything that comes along with being the queen, except peasants. Peasants is a mean word. Everyone is treated equal in my world, lol.


Home Decor: Now that I've bored you with my dreams home and fantasy rooms, I have to add that my castle would not be complete without the leg lamp from A Christmas Story. Come on, who doesn't love this movie? LOL. (My second favorite movie btw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment