Friday, April 15, 2016

Dear Queen, Don't Play the Fool

One thing I hate and love is that relationships changes you. Changes you as a person, changes your mindset, and changes the way you  operate in future relationships; it definitely can put things in perspective on what you thought a relationship was, how it should be, and how it actually is.

My perspective at this point is that my worth is priceless, always have been, but some of my standards were low. I accepted things and dealt with things I clearly could have and should have walked away from, but I didnt. Even though I may have gained pain and maybe even pleasure, I know one thing I did gain was knowledge. I know what I want, I know what I dont want. I know men will treat you how you allow them to treat you, they will use you if you allow them to use you, they will take advantage of what you have to take advantage of, and a few will truly love you if you want to be loved, but one thing they cant do is take away your worth unless you let them.

To say you have a man that aint doing right just to have one is petty. Because not only are you diminishing your worth, but you're wasting time. Valuable time. Time that could be spent focusing on oneself or on a healthier relationship. Your man should want to build you up, not tear you down, make you smile, not be the reason you cry, give and not do all the taking. Relationships arent easy but being stupid in love is.

Do yourself and your happiness a favor and remember that you are priceless and that your time is valuable. Your life is priceless and the time in it is valuable. Dont diminish your status as a Queen being someone elses Fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment