Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Unfortunate Zoo Event

I haven't blogged in awhile, but I felt the need to based on this whole Harambe situation. Initially, when seeing this nationwide news travel up and down my timeline on Facebook, my feelings toward the whole thing was that it was an unfortunate event that happened. What killed me was/is the people's 'I-don't-really-know-what-the-fuck-I'm-talking-about-I-just-wanna-throw-my-two-cents-in-it' opinions. I mean, damn, do some research or something before talking out of the side of your necks!!

Anyhoo, at first, my opinion was neither here nor there because I completely sympathized with the mother and and the danger of the situation. I also sympathized with the fact that this animal's habitat was disturbed and he was only acting accordingly. However, after watching the video, I did not see that woman's son in that moat, I saw my child, and HAD that been my child (and YOURS too), you'd want the zoo to take any option possible to save that child's life. It'd be one thing if Harambe was indeed protecting the child and NOT putting it's hands on him, but that big ass monster dragged the hell out of that baby and there wasn't anything ANYONE could do about it. You damn sure didn't see any witnesses jumping in to help nor people trained for this type of situation.

People say the mother should've been watching her child and that she was neglectful. BS. No one is really to blame because, hell, I've been in a situation where I turned my back for a SPLIT SECOND and my son was gone. Kids move QUICK! I can only imagine what was going through her mind, especially, when she saw her son in that damn moat. I'da lost my shit, and after witnessing the dragging and flinging, ha...

I WOULDA SHOT THE GORILLA MY DAMN SELF!!

PS. On some real shit, had she TRULY been a neglectful mother, she wouldn't have had her kids at the zoo to begin with. Probably would've been sitting in someone's house getting her hair done with her kids fruit snack money while the hairdresser on the phone gossiping with fried chicken being cooked in the background. Leave them folks alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment